Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Single Pilot IFR

Before reading the article on single pilot IFR, I felt that for the first few times of actual IFR flying I would like an experienced pilot with me. After reading the article I still feel the same way. The one reason I feel that way is, I am not sure how I will react to being in the clouds for the first time. I know it will be quite different then hood flying and the author of the article even stated that.

The best tip I got from the article was to be prepared and stay ahead of the aircraft at all times if possible. If things get to crazy inform ATC and try to regroup by entering a hold our slowing down if the situation allows.

1 comment:

  1. Staying ahead of the aircraft is always important especially if you are in a twin engine aircraft because things happen so quick. In the article it stated to stay at least 2 min ahead of the aircraft which obviously takes practice.

    ReplyDelete